Online Expat Coaching
“You will never be completely at home again, because part of your heart always will be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richness of loving and knowing people in more than one place.” ― Miriam Adeney
Living outside of your home country can be the experience of a lifetime. It allows you to visit beautiful and exotic places, learn a new language, be exposed to new ways of thinking, and it introduces you to friends from around the world, possibly even a future spouse.
However, living a life that straddles cultures, languages, countries, and time zones, also bring its own share of challenges. You may not be able to do the same job as you did back home. You might feel that others around you don’t entirely understand what it’s like to live an international life. Or, you may be faced with the ever pressing dilemma of should I stay or go?
WHO are my clients?
Although this website uses the word “expat” often, a more appropriate term to describe my clients is “global citizens.” They include expats, immigrants, repats, digital nomads, adult Third Culture Kids, adult Cross Culture Kids, global nomads, and refugees. They share the experience of having multiple places that they consider home.
Each of my clients have distinct stories relating to their international background and it’s an important piece of who they are. They want to pursue coaching with a professional, such as myself, who understands firsthand the complexities that come with living an international, multicultural, multilingual life.
WHY do my clients pursue expat coaching?
Some of the concerns that lead my clients to pursue coaching are:
- I want to create a sense of home inside of myself that I can take wherever I go
- Should I stay in this country or go home (or move somewhere else?)
- I’m struggling to adapt to this new country I’ve moved to
- I don’t feel fulfilled in the country I’m currently calling home even though I’ve lived her for awhile
- I want to start a new business, or change careers, but something is holding me back (imposter syndrome, fear, self-doubt, inner business critic)
- I want to improve my communication with my partner/spouse who is from another country/culture
- I’ve moved back home and am having a hard time with the re-entry process (aka reverse culture shock/repatriation)
- I’m struggling to maintain work-life balance (or balance in other areas of life)
- I’d like to start a mindfulness meditation practice, but I’m not sure where to start
- I’m good at taking care of others and want to start taking care of myself too
- I want to work on my procrastination habits
- I’m not assertive enough at work (or home) and want to change this
HOW will expat coaching help?
Working together, we’ll create goals that are connected to your values, and identify what may be holding you back from achieving them.
We’ll build on the strengths and skills you already have, and also identify new strategies to support you in moving forward. We can’t always erase the fears, doubts, or imposter syndrome, but I can help you to find ways to make sure that these things don’t get in the way of living your best life.
Coaching with me will also help you to move away from a place of being motivated by “shoulds” and your inner critic, and towards a place of acting on your values–that what is deeply important to you. It will help you to switch your inner dialogue from a critical one to a more self-compassionate one, while ensuring you stay on the path towards making your dreams a reality.
Most importantly, coaching with me can help you to create a sense of home inside of you, that you can bring with you, wherever life takes you. This means that you can continue to practice self-care and live a meaningful life, no matter where you’re currently calling home.
WHAT is the investment for expat coaching?
Most clients aim to work with me for 4-6 sessions. Some find that less than this is fine, especially with very specific problems, while others work with me for several months. My approach is flexible and we’ll talk through what makes the most sense given your current concerns and resources.
Sessions are available to purchase individually or as a 4-session package. The fees are:
Individual session: $135 (USD)
Four-session package: $500 (USD) (To be used within three months of purchase date)
Our meetings will last 50 minutes and I’ll provide you with homework to work on between the times we meet to make sure you’re getting the most out of your investment of time and money.
All of my expat coaching services are offered online via Zoom so you can connect with me from the comfort of your own home or office, wherever in the world you may be.
Are you ready to get started?
If you’d like to pursue expat coaching with me, please click on the button below to access my online scheduler, or email me at email@example.comSchedule Consultation
“Choose the great adventure of being brave and afraid at the exact same time.” –Brene Brown
You can sign up HERE for my monthly newsletter where I share helpful resources related to mindfulness, self-compassion, emotional resilience, and more.