If you´re searching for an English speaking therapist to pursue online therapy with, look no further. I´m a licensed clinical psychologist with over a decade of experience in the mental health field. I´m originally from the U.S., lived for 7 years in Madrid, Spain and am now based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. I offer online therapy to clients who live around the world.
The majority of my clients include individuals living outside their home country, such as expats, digital nomads, avid travelers, etc. Although some of the issues we work on are specific to this population (cultural adjustment, homesickness, repatriation, etc.), many of the topics we address in therapy are more general mental health issues such as:
anxiety, depression, panic attacks, eating disorders, body image, self esteem improving communication skills, emotion regulation, healing from the end to a romantic relationship, grief, goal setting, stress management, personal development, etc.
While some people are hesitant to try online therapy, I have worked with numerous individuals who have found it to be just as effective as in-person therapy.
Online therapy is ideal for:
- Anyone who lives in a location where in-person sessions with an English speaking therapist are not available (such as expats and location independent professionals around the world)
- People who are planning to move abroad and who would like help in improving their emotional resiliency, mental health and well-being to be prepared for the process
- Anyone who has returned from living abroad and and is experiencing the challenges associated with the repatriation process (a.k.a ¨reverse culture shock”)
- People who are in need of a professional specializing in the treatment of eating disorders (anorexia, bulimia, binge eating disorder, EDNOS), and are unable to find one in their local area. I have received specialized training in the treatment of eating disorders and am currently a member of the Academy of Eating Disorders.
- Professionals who travel frequently and are unable to attend regular in-person sessions
- People living in Madrid who would like to work with a therapist who knows firsthand the challenges that come with living in this particular city and culture.
Have questions? Want to set up a session?
If you’re looking for online therapy in English, and would like to schedule a session with me, or learn more about how online therapy works, please do not hesitate to send me a message. All information will go directly to my e-mail inbox and is completely confidential.